If you're longing for an autumnal fruit boba, look no further. This Grape & Cinnamon fruity bubble tea ticks all the boxes. It's juicy, refreshing, autumnal, caffeinated and very easy to make at home.
Plus, not only is this tea dairy free, but completely milk free.
Is fruity boba without a creamer boba?
This fruity bubble tea is made with no milk, milk substitute, condensed milk or a creamer. And yes, you can make boba tea with no milk. While the original boba is creamy, the not-so-traditional modern types can have almost any ingredient. You can make them with fruits syrups, powders, juices, coconut water, and they don't even need to contain any tea. The secret of bubble tea lies in tapioca pearls, or another chewy alternative. As longs as it's chewy, you can call it boba tea.
Creamy boba teas you may like:
Ingredients for making Grape & Cinnamon fruity bubble tea
To make Grape & Cinnamon bubble tea, you will need 2 tea bags of strong black tea, 30-50 grams of pre-made tapioca pearls (use brighter ones to create a pretty contrast with the tea), 1 teaspoon of honey or simple syrup to coat the pearls, cinnamon powder and water. Use fresh sweet black grapes and wash them thoroughly. There's no need to peel or de-seed them, as you will strain them before blending with tea. Since it contains grapes, this bubble tea is better without milk.
Which black tea should I use?
Ripe grapes have a strong and sweet flavour, so use a stronger black tea to give an extra depth. Tea bags or broken loose tea will both work well. Breakfast blends, broken Assam teas or CTC blends are all great options. Another excellent alternative is a stronger second flush Darjeeling tea, a very aromatic tea that would go really well with the grape flavour.
Which boba pearls are the best?
You can use different boba pearls for this recipe. Classic brown sugar boba, white lychee, taro boba pearls or popping fruit boba pearls will all go well with grapes and cinnamon. You can also make your own if you have time to spare. Preserve boba pearls in honey or simple syrup.
How long will it take to make this fruity bubble tea?
Grape & Cinnamon Bubble tea will take about 10 minutes to make if you are simultaneously brewing the tea, cooking boba pearls and blending grapes. This is a great recipe for tea parties as it's easy to make and you don't need to pay much attention to ratios. If you don't have a kitchen strainer, you can use a cheesecloth – it's actually easier to use than a kitchen strainer.
Grapes & Cinnamon Fruity Bubble Tea
- Kitchen sifter
- Cup for brewing + tea filter or infuser
- Serving glass
- 100 grams of grapes
- 100 ml of freshly boiled water
- 2 tea bags of strong black tea (or 2 teaspoons of loose tea)
- 100 ml of cold water
- 30-40 grams of boba pearls (we used lychee flavour)
- 1/5 teaspoon of cinnamon (powder)
- 5+ ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Bring fresh water to a boil.
- Steep 2 tea bags in 100 ml of boiling water for 5-8 minutes.
- While the tea is steeping, boil pre-made tapioca pearls per instruction on the packaging. This will take less than 10 minutes. Strain the pearls and mix them with 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Washt he grapes and blend them together with 100 ml of cold water for about 30-45 seconds.
- Strain the grape juice using a kitchen sifter into a clean. You want to remove all the seeds and skin.
- Now strain the tea into the blender, add grape juice, ice and cinnamon and blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour it into a serving glass and add tapioca pearls. You can add more ice if you wish.